Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What to do with your expired coupons?

Have you ever wondered what you should do with all your expired/unused coupons?  Recycle or just throw them away?  Why not donate them to the Military?  With the economy the way it is and with the current sequester they can use help just as much as anyone.  Military families are able to use your expired coupons up to 6 months after their expiration date.  You can go to the post office and get free priority boxes that are just for the military and mail it for $14.85 (price can change at anytime).  You can also order from USPS.com.  They are for APO addresses only.  The boxes are 12x12x5 1/2.  I have always used boxes and filled it up with the expired coupons along with free items for her to send to her husband's company unit.  I have avoided using the envelopes after the first time.  The envelopes are buy weight, where the boxes are not.

Now you ask how do I know where or who to send it to?  There are several groups out there they will set you up with someone who has requested to have a "sponsor" to send them coupons.  I have used CouponsToTroops.  They quickly got a hold of Jacqueline for her to email me.  She told me there are several families she shares coupons with in Germany.  So you are not just sending them to one person on most occasions  you are getting a group.  If you don't have many coupons.  Some of the sites will let you send them to their headquarters as you get them and then will mail them to someone.  If you have several people who coupon or know of someone who is not sending them to them, ask them for their expired, unused ask them if you can have them to send to them.  You will be surprised who gives you coupons.  When I was in line at Walgreens waiting to purchase papers one Sunday several of us woman were talking and I told me what I do and they just started pulling out coupons left and right and handing them to me to mail off.  They didn't know you could.  The next time I saw them they had baggies waiting to hand me to take and mail off.

If you are interested in signing up please visit any of the FaceBook pages below.

CouponsToTroops  https://www.facebook.com/CouponsToTroops

Expired Coupons for Overseas Military  https://www.facebook.com/ExpiredCouponsforOverseasMilitary

To get the APO boxes sent to you free here is the direct link to the boxes.  https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_MILI_FRB&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail

~S~


No comments:

Post a Comment