Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tornado Relief

Yesterday's tornado in Oklahoma cost many lives and destroyed homes and displaced many people.  These people can use all the help they can receive.  If you have been watching ads and matching up your coupons you have probably been able to accumulate personal care products like shampoo, soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste.  These products can really help those affected and since you can get them through couponing for pennies, if not free, it is a way you can help the people of Oklahoma even if you otherwise couldn't afford to help.  Your local churches and community organizations will most likely be taking up collections to send to Oklahoma.

I never advocate buying something just because you have a coupon or getting a product you wouldn't use but this is the exception.  If I can get personal care items for free, I will get them to donate.  I normally don't stockpile these items to donate when situations like this arise but instead donate them to local charities as I collect them.  With a quick look through my coupon book and through the sale ads I can probably come up with a few things for free to send.

 Please consider helping those affected.

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment