Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Small Haul, HUGE Savings



Today I went to Walgreens.  I purchased a tube of Crest, 2 tubes of Walgreens brand aloe, a 16 pack of Charmin, an 8 pack of Bounty, a tower fan, and 1 piece of caramel.  The Crest, Bounty, Charmin and fan were all on sale.  My pre-tax total was $53.30 at sale prices.  Without the sales, my pre-tax total would have been $68.30.  I had a $1 off coupon for Crest and I had six $8 Register Rewards to use.  Between sales and coupons I saved $64.30, that's 94% savings!  For everything I paid $4.30 plus $3.20 tax for a total of $7.50.  To top it off, I also received Register Rewards worth $4 to use on my next trip.



The key to this trip was having 6 Register Rewards worth $8 a piece.  Due to a bleeding ulcer a few years ago, I have to take Omeprazole every day.  I normally purchase a 6 week supply of Omeprazole at Sam's Club for $18.  This week, Walgreens has their store brand Omeprazole on sale for $18, regular $23, with $8 back in Register Rewards.  I purchased a 9 month supply of something I have to purchase no matter what, got it at the price I normally pay but managed to get $48 back.  To get the $48 worth of Register Rewards I had to have each Omeprazole rang up on a seperate receipt.

I had 6 Register Rewards and 1 coupon to use so I had to have 7 items to be able to use everything.  A $0.34 piece of caramel will count as an item and that was what I picked up as my 7th item.  However, Walgreens does not give cash back so your total must at least equal the amount of coupons you plan on using.  Coupons will not cover the tax, you do have to pay the tax.

Watching sale ads for rewards offered on items you will purchase regardless of having a coupon or not can really pay off.  Like I said, I was able to get something I had to have, I got it at the price I normally pay for it, and I got $48 back in store rewards to apply towards other purchases.  In a nut shell, I bought what I would always buy at the the usual price and got over $64 worth of free stuff!  Free stuff is good!

If you have any question do not hesitate to leave a comment because someone else probably has the same question.  If you have a question but don't want to leave a comment, feel free to email us at siblingsavers@gmail.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment